If you know a woman who is making a feminist difference,
nominate her for an EDNA!
The EDNAs were established in honour of Edna Ryan (1904–97) who worked towards making a better world, especially for women. She campaigned for equal pay throughout her lifetime.
The EDNAs are awards for women, living or working in NSW or the ACT, who have made a feminist difference. The Edna Ryan Awards Committee wants to hear about women in all fields, well known or not, who show commitment and determination—the women whose activity advances the status of women.
All nominations must be on the official entry form and accompanied by evidence of the nominee’s achievements or actions that have improved the status of women, whether on a small or large scale. Nominees must be comfortable with being referred to as feminist.
See last year's award recipients for inspiration and examples of outstanding dedication to feminism.
- ARTS for creative feminism.
- COMMUNITY ACTIVISM for feminist activity in the community.
- EDUCATION for a special contribution to the education of women and girls.
- GOVERNMENT for feminist activity in the political sphere.
- GRAND STIRRER for inciting others to challenge the status quo.
- LEADERSHIP for leading feminist changes in the public sphere.
- MEDIA and COMMUNICATION for consistent promotion of feminist perspectives in the media.
- MENTORING for sharing knowledge and ideas generously with other women.
- SPORT for promoting the engagement and recognition of women in sport.
- WORKFORCE for improving conditions for women workers.
- Nominations open on 1 August 2017
- Nominations close 1 September 2017
We accept ONE nomination only from each individual or organisation. Send your nomination, complete with supporting documentation, to:
The Edna Ryan Awards, PO Box 425, Glebe NSW 2037
All nominators will be notified of the Review Panel’s decision. All EDNA recipients will be our guests at the Awards night at Sydney Trades Hall.
Tickets for the Awards presentation are now available. Book tickets for Awards Night.